Tuesday, March 7, 2017

“ Ask yourself is it right or wrong and act accordingly.” - Otto Graham, Jr.


             This quote by Otto Graham explains us that when you are stuck in a situation, it is better if you ask yourself if is it wrong or is it right to do it, then you do it “accordingly”. Meaning, you have to do it properly. It is like another old saying, “ Think before you talk or do something.” You first need to think that what you are doing is the right thing, then you act the appropriate way. For instance, if you are stuck in situation such as your friends forcing you to do drugs with them. The solution to this problem is to think for a second. Is it right to do drugs? Is it right to listen to them? You have to contemplate about this and try as much to choose the right thing. Throughout my experience, I was in a position where I have to tell the truth and get in trouble or lie and forget everything. I thought to myself, that the right thing to is to tell the truth . I asked myself if it was right or wrong, and then I act accordingly. Graham tells this to us, because we all need to use this quote in our life. It's a life lesson, because sometimes in life, we are stuck in situation in which we don’t know what to do or to think. Therefore, we should ask our self, is it right or wrong? Then we act accordingly.


No comments:

Post a Comment